Virtual Parent Conference
Join us for a day of workshops for parents!
Sunday, May 29, 2022 – Save the date! 9:00 a.m. to 15:00 p.m.
The Parent Conference
Children and teens face so many issues and parents often struggle with how best to help their children. That’s why the English Montreal School Board Parents Committee (EMSBPC) is holding its fifth annual Parent Conference. A series of workshops for parents on a variety of issues pertaining to both your children and teens.
This year, the conference is being held virtually – Online. Keynote on Students & Mental health with our panel of experts
Some of our workshops include:
- The five faces of bullying – With Alain Pelletier
- Environmental Consciousness – Sustainability and Beyond
- How and When to Talk to Kids About Pornography
- Understanding Gender Identity
- “We don’t talk about Brunnoe” : tips and tricks for developing spelling skills
- What’s on the Menu (Nutrition)
- Parenting Your Child & Adolescent with Screen Addiction
- Virtual Library Resources: Reading for Fun & Reading for Research
- Ready, Set, Start! – Understanding My Pre-Schooler
- Storytelling Through Photography.
- L’aventure du français en famille!
- SPRING INTO SUMMER MEALS (AEVS)
- DEAL – A Different Way of Learning
- The What, Who, Why & How of Giftedness
- Helping Children with Reading Difficulties
- Understanding Behavior & Attachment (PreK to grade 3)
- Assistive Technology to Support Literacy
- LEARN – Online Tutoring
Listen to a Podcast about this year’s Parent Conference here:
Full list of workshops and descriptions – coming soon
|Where: vpc.emsbparents.ca||HOW TO CONNECT:To connect to the conference click this link: vpc.emsbparents.ca You will be asked to verify your account: Please check your email and SPAM / Junk folders for the verification code (it may take up to 5 minutes to receive) You will need to have registered for the event. You can also download the App for the event here: Open the App. |
The App will have information on the conference but to access the sessions you will still need to use your web browser with this address: vpc.emsbparents.ca
|08:45||09:00||Opening & Registration & Orientation|
|09:00||10:10||Welcome & Keynote / Panel – Mental Health|
|11:20||11:25||Break – Order Lunch|
|12:30||13:00||Lunch & Entertainment / Exhibition hall|
|13:00||13:15||Q & A / Activity|
|14:30||15:00||Breakout rooms 2 / Exhibition hall|
|15:00||15:15||Thank you / giveaways|
The Conference is FREE for early bird registrants between April 26th and May 19th. As of May 20th, there will be a $10 registration fee to join the conference.
Lunch & Exhibition Hall:
Our Exhibitor Hall will be open during the lunch period, where parents can meet with organizations and resources in virtual booths. We will also have some lunch time Q&A as well.
Last year, the Parent Conference was a big success, with over 300 people in attendance and great reviews. The EMSB Parents Committee is aiming to improve it even further this year!
or Brigida Sellato 514-483-7200 ext. 7242
Share & Follow
Feel free to invite other parents (entry not exclusive to EMSB parents)