Virtual Parent Conference
Join us for a day of workshops for parents!
Sunday, April 18, 2021 – Save the date!
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Parent Conference
Children and teens face so many issues and parents often struggle with how best to help their children. That’s why the English Montreal School Board Parents Committee (EMSBPC) is holding its fourth annual Parent Conference. A series of workshops for parents on a variety of issues pertaining to both your children and teens.
This year, the conference is being held online.
- Dr Debbie Schwarcz, general practitioner
- Aaron Derfel Montreal Gazette health reporter
Some of our workshops include:
- Building up children to help them bounce back from life’s challenges
- Field Trips of the Future
- Setting boundaries on screens with your children
- Prevention of Weight/Size Discrimination – Inclusion of People of Size
- Learn Quebec – Services
- Vaping – what you need to know
- Journaling as a self-care tool
- Advocating for and magnifying marginalized voices
- Assistive Technology tools for student writing support
- Play and movement for elementary school aged students
- The Virtual Library
- Online Learning, Netiquette & Digital Life for Elementary School Parents
- Early Literacy and Kindergarten Readiness
- Recognition of Acquired Competencies – Adult Education and Vocational Sector
- S.T.E.A.M. – How the program integrates a cross-curricular, project based, holistic approach to learning
Full list of workshops and descriptions – coming soon.
|HOW TO CONNECT:
Once you register, we will send instructions on how to connect to the conference by March 31, 2021
|09:00||09:15||Opening & Registration|
|09:15||10:20||Welcome & Keynote / Panel – Resilience through the COVID Pandemic|
|11:40||12:00||Breakout Rooms / Exhibition Hall|
|12:00||12:45||Lunch & Entertainment Q&A with Matthew G.|
|15:15||15:45||Breakout rooms 2 / Exhibition hall|
|15:45||16:00||Thank you / giveaways|
The Conference is FREE for early bird registrants between March 12th and April 4th. As of April 5th, there will be a $10 registration fee to join the conference.
Meal Delivery Coupons will be available for those who want a meal delivered at the lunch break and we will have some Local entertainment as well.
In fall 2018, the Parent Conference was a big success, with over 300 people in attendance and great reviews. The EMSB Parents Committee is aiming to improve it even further this year!
or Brigida Sellato
514-483-7200 ext. 7242
Share & Follow
Feel free to invite other parents (entry not exclusive to EMSB parents)